Vermont Health Connect (VHC) is the online marketplace where Vermonters will be able to enroll in public health care programs (Medicaid, Dr. Dynasaur) and buy private insurance with subsidies to help pay for coverage.
- Uninsured individuals/families, the self employed and those who buy individual insurance (nongroup) can enroll in VHC. Small employers with up to 50 Full Time employees can buy coverage for their employees.
- Enrollment in Vermont Health Connect (VHC) starts October 1, 2013. The earliest coverage can start is January 1, 2014.
- VHAP and Catamount Health end December 31, 2013. People enrolled in these programs will either become eligible for Medicaid or private insurance in VHC with subsidies to help pay for the cost of coverage.
- Dr. Dynasaur stays the same.
- Medicaid expands.
- Medicare stays the same and is not affected by VHC.